Construction activity is ramping up for Tasmania’s newest wind farm with over 80 people now working at the remote site near Zeehan.
Access roads, operations buildings, environmental controls and site signage are in place and crews are now preparing foundations for the installation of the wind farm’s 31 wind turbines.
Major activities on site this month include:
- Commence installation of steel reinforcement, conduits and structural concrete for wind turbine foundations
- Excavation works for the substation electrical cable trenches
- Blasting operations at our onsite quarry
- Construction of foundations for transmission line poles
- Civil works at the Pieman switching station